Mukimo is a traditional Kenyan food mostly eaten in Central part of Kenya,Kima means Mashing. And so Mukimo came from the word to mash.
All the ingredients are listed on the video if you would like to give this recipe a try, please do and don’t forget to leave your feedback.
I’ve always loved salmon, there is something about a well cooked fish that just makes me happy, well I knew going to a resturant wasn’t that easy, so thought why not bring the restuarant in my house. The flavour, presentation definately makes it all worth while. Well with this recipe you need to be able to multi-task.
- Salmon fillet
- Irish potatoes
- Carrots cut lenght wise
- Green beans
- Fresh dill
- Clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- Chicken stock
- Start by peeling the potatoes and carrots, in a medium size pot add the potatoes and carrots and boil in salted water until well cooked, and just before you drain of the water add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, then drain of the water. Take out the carrots and green beans and set them aside. When water has been drained of from the potatoes add a good bit of butter and milk and mash till smooth, taste for salt and set aside in a bowl under war bath.
- Now you can start on the dill sauce, by diluting a little bit of chicken stock add it to the small pot, and bring to a gentle simmer, the add diluted flour in cold water and stir well and make sure no lumps are formed, cook till the sauce has thickened, then add fresh dill to finish.
- For the salmon dab of excess moisture with a kitchen paper, salt and pepper while the pan is warming up, when hot enough drizzle some olive oil till just smoking, then add salmon skin side down, press down for a few seconds, to avoid it raising on the sides. Please don’t touch the fish for few minutes till the colour of the fish starts changing, then turn and wait till done.
- While the salmon is cooking on a separate pan add a tablespoon of olive oil and crushed garlic, cooking for few seconds, then add carrots and green beans and cook for a 2 minutes.
- Assemble the dish when ready. Starting with smooth mash potatoes, carrots, green beans the salmon, sauce on the side or on the food. Enjoy.